Peck Legal Group, located in the heart of North Chattanooga, is seeking a front desk receptionist / office assistant to manage all front desk responsibilities, such as welcoming guests, answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, and performing a variety of additional clerical and administrative tasks.
The successful candidate should have a pleasant personality and a professional demeanor at all times. As the first point of contact to greet those visiting or calling into the firm, we expect our front desk receptionist to deliver outstanding service. Additionally, at times our office may have several things taking place at once, and this individual should be able to multitask effectively and remain calm and professional during these situations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting and welcoming guests immediately upon arriving to the office.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and/or conference room in the office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls depending on the nature of each call
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Set-up conference rooms to be sure they are neat and tidy, as well as well stocked with complimentary drinks, snacks and/or other items which may be needed during a meeting
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Make runs to court to conduct filings or handle of other errands as requested
- Accept client payment, prepare client receipts, and follow accounting procedures and policies
- Update the shared firm calendar and schedule meetings and consultations
- Update information into the Consult/Referral log details
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, and faxing
- Experience working in a professional office environment (preferably a law firm)
- Client-centric attitude and personality
- Professional manner and appearance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable working on Macs or PC’s
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise (have a “can do” attitude)
- Strong organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management or an Associates or Bachelors degree is a plus
Job Type: Full-time (Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, and Friday, 8:00 am – 12 noon)
Salary: $8 per hour
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we are interested in meeting with you, someone from our office will contact you in the coming weeks to schedule an interview.
If you do not hear from us, we will keep your resume on file should we have needs for which we feel you may be a good fit, in the near future. PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS!